[Kde-games-devel] Re: A Thought About The Version Control System

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:49:37 CEST 2011

Agree most strongly with Shlomi - not all of us have unlimited high
bandwidth reliable connections.

I'm doing some work with Qt-WebKit, its a 2GB+ git checkout, it takes
hours to download on my connection, I have to let it run overnight. It
also takes a large chunk out of my monthly bandwidth quota.

And quite frankly I find git extremely unreliable, the number of times
my local checkout has got hopelessly messed up and I have to
re-download from scratch ...

--
Lindsay