[Kde-games-devel] Re: GSoC 2011 proposals: Knights and Shogi

Miha Čančula miha at noughmad.eu
Fri Apr 8 10:03:23 CEST 2011

2011/4/8 Daniel E. Moctezuma <democtezuma at gmail.com>

> Hi again,
>
> I worked more on the proposal entitled as "Implementation of an analysis
> mode into Knights" for GSoC 2011 in the following link:
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/ritek/3001
>
> I would really appreciate your feedback.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello!

I won't be the one making the decisions, but I think I can give you some
feedback. Note that I don't have much experience with GSoC, so don't take
everything I say for gold. I'd like to thank you for the interest in
Knights, and I wish you the best of luck.

The implementation details seem a bit short. A game analysis mode certainly
needs a new GUI, and a crude mockup or at least a description would help
here.

Timeline comparison is definitely a plus, however I'm not sure how you plan
to save them. I think that saving/loading normal games to PGN doesn't need
any explanation, but with multiple timelines you might expand on that.

Hope it helps, I know you don't have much time now. Good luck!