[Kde-games-devel] New KDE SC Game

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Thu Mar 11 16:34:47 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 09:35, Jonathan Raphael Joachim Kolberg wrote:
> Hello I’m Jonathan Kolberg and I‘d like to start a Doppelkopf game for KDE
> Doppelkopf is a German four player card game. I would be glad if someone would
> give me tips and hint. Furtermore I would be thankful if someone would tell me
> what he or she thinks about this intention.

For the last few months, I've been working on LibKCardGame. Basically,
I took much of the card handling code out of KPat and have been trying
to make it as generic as possible for reuse in other games. It's still
a bit rough at the moment (there's no API documentation, some parts
may still be too KPat-specific, the API changes fairly often, etc.)
but I still think it'd be a great place to start. I would also greatly
appreciate more users to point out the more crufty parts.

The library is not yet public as it's way too early to early to start
making API (let alone ABI) guarantees, so you'll find it in
trunk/KDE/kdegames/kpat/libkcardgame/. If you have any questions about
it, let me know.

Once you have something semi-workable, you should apply for an SVN
account and upload your game to playground/games. Once the game
matures to the point that you think it's ready for release, it'll be
reviewed and the decision to include it in the module will occur then.
Personally, I'd like to see a few more games in the Card Game category
of the menu. :)

Parker