[Kde-games-devel] accept() mouse events?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 04:35:37 CEST 2010

On checking I find that KGoldrunner, Kubrick and Kolf contain
no accept() in their mouse*Event() re-implementations.  So
they have been vulnerable to Oxygen's new window-move
feature (click on an "empty" area to move a window), in
which all play-area widgets were treated as empty.

KJumpingCube has been fixed.  Thanks Parker! ... :-)

But Hugo Periera da Costa says on kde-core-devel that he
has fixed the problem back in Oxygen and that KJCube is now
fixed twice.  Should I follow a "braces and belt" procedure
and put in "accept()" everywhere?

I notice that the doco for QWidget::mouse*Event() says
nothing about a need to do accept() and the Scribbly example
does not do it, but the QMouseEvent doco (it must be years
since I last read it) *does* recommend using accept() or ignore().

Confused, Ian W.