[Kde-games-devel] Proposing KGameRenderer

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 14 18:47:37 CEST 2010

Ian Wadham wrote:
> There were also many views on how an SVG file should be
> organized ... and still are ...

(@Stefan)

On that note, will it be possible later to add frame loading by svg
coordinates instead of by id? (I'm not asking you to do that, just
noting that I may want to add it myself.) Per Marucio's point, ideally
the loader could get from the theme if it works this way and hide it
from the game developer :-).

I've never understood how slapping id's on everything is supposed to be
an improvement; it sure isn't for /me/ when I'm working on the art side
of things.

Especially as I am contemplating a game that would (ideally) have over a
*thousand* frames; I /really/ don't want to have to assign that many
id's when a few dozen would do just as well.

--
Matthew
This was, apparently, beyond her ken.  So far beyond her ken that she