[Kde-games-devel] Proposing KGameRenderer

Sat Jun 12 17:37:57 CEST 2010

On Saturday 12 June 2010 15:15:23 Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> But this restructuring is not going to be noticeable by players
> (except for, maybe an improved startup), while there are tons of
> features that could make them happier, and are not too hard to
> implement.
>
> For example:
>
> - KNewStuff3 for themes and levels

KNewStuff3 is in 4.5.

> - sound support in all games

The problem here is which sound framework to use. KDiamond successfully uses
KNotify, while other apps seem to need less delay.

> - more animation and "bling"

The rewrite of KDiamond towards KGameRenderer made the animations so quick
that I'm actually thinking about adding cooler animations. "Animatability" is
something which is very much related to the rendering efficiency.

> - in game Tutorials

Yes, I'd like these, too.

> - Usability review and interface streamining

Could you expand on that? For most games, I do not know how to make the
interface any simpler.

Greetings
Stefan