[Kde-games-devel] Proposing KGameRenderer

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Sat Jun 12 15:59:49 CEST 2010

Stefan, it seems like a cool class to have, and I think the design is
OK. I have a couple of observations, though. With KGameTheme the app
has access to theme properties defined in the .desktop file, and these
could be used to specify coordinates, etc. I suppose that with the new
design these could still be fetchable  (even before the SVG has been
loaded) if necessary? For this I think you need to expose the
underlying KGameTheme, no?
KBlocks indeed need to get the position of SVG elements to define its
layout. How would we go about this?
I suppose just get the underlying KSvgRenderer and use it.

Of course the ideal API would shield the application from having to
access these objects, but this could be the case for most simple games
implemented from now on. Or maybe you can add methods to KGameRenderer
to query KGameTheme for theme properties, instead of exposing the
object.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini