[Kde-games-devel] RFC: Rename KBattleShip and KTron

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Fri Jan 29 13:29:18 CET 2010

Hi, people. It appears that the consensus is to do the rename,
including input from the e.V. list and the lawyers involved in the
discussion. So we need to find a nem name for both KBattleship and
KTron.

Daniel (one of KBattleship authors) proposed Ocean Wars as his
preferred name, but apparently there are other games that already use
this name.

One idea was to simply use the ones Fedora is already using, but
Parker objected to it, and I think we should consult the kdegames
community to let it decide.

How can we handle this? Maybe a one-week poll, or a vote here on the
list? I support the names proposed by Eugene, and we can probably
choose to go with one with a K on it to make it more difficult to
"klash" with other existing names.

A "wide" poll is probably not needed, we do not want to drag this for
a long time...

A proposal: let us take three more days of suggestions for names, and
do a quick one week poll on doodle, open to KDE people that are
reading this list. Agreed?

First names are the ones suggested by Eugene, and we can add the
fedora ones to the list as well.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini