[Kde-games-devel] Introducing Myself to This List

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Feb 23 19:40:33 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 Feb 2010 19:10:36 Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > In my opinion working on magazynier is the simplest and most viable
> > way to bring a sokoban game back to kdegames module. I'm happy to
> > invite you to join us.
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look (if I will be able to build it.).

OK, I got it running - here are my comments:

1. I already noted the executable name change which I think is undesirable.

2. The game themes are lacking. The ASCII art skin is too simplistic and the
ants theme is pretty unusable. Perhaps someone (me?) needs to port the old
KSokoban theme to SVG and Magazynier and/or create other themes.

3. I don't like the fact that I cannot restart a board using Esc or a menu
command to restart. Pressing Ctrl+Z repeatedly until all moves are undone is
annoying.

4. After I finish a board, I am prompted for the high score. Then after I did
that, there's a notice that says I need to press the next level to go to the
next level. This is too much work just in order to progress. After you
finished a KSokoban layout, it just said "Congratulations" and moved to the
next level after a few seconds.

5. When entering a new board to solve, it won't accept a digit higher than the
ones I already solved. I think you should let the user input it and then
prompt that the board number is too high and one should solve all previous
boards before that.

That's what I saw so far.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish