[Kde-games-devel] moved Kajongg from playground to kdereview

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 21 12:35:10 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010, Markus wrote:
> Am Sonntag 21 Februar 2010 00:32:25 schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> > On Saturday 20 February 2010, John Tapsell wrote:
> > > Could the two programs be merged?  So the user just choses the
> > > ruleset.
> >
> > rather not.
> >
> > KMahjongg is a solitaire game - the only thing it has in common
> > with the classical Mah Jongg are the tiles - and if the default
> > egyptian tiles are used in KMahjongg, not even that.
> >
> > The classical Mah Jongg is a little bit like rummy for exactly
> > four players.
> >
> > Kajongg has a note about KMahjongg in its About window -
> > if Kajongg gets into kdegames I would like to see a similar
> > note in KMahjongg about Kajongg.
>
> Sounds like Single Player and Multiplayer in most commercial games to
> me.

No, it does not. In most commercial games known to me the only
difference between single-player and multi-player is that in single-
player mode same roles are taken over by the AI resp. that in multi-
player mode some roles are taken over by other players. In any case the
basic rules of the games (e.g. shooting anything that moves) is the same
for single-player and multi-player mode.

In the case of Mah Jongg "single-player" and "multi-player" have nothing
at all in common except for the playing pieces.

Regards,
Ingo