[Kde-games-devel] Call for a documentation update

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Feb 1 09:14:25 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010 22:34:37 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 23:47:50 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> > Hi kdegames devels,
> >
> > kdegames was the *only* module in kde 4.0 with a completely up to date
> > documentation :)
> > Great job!
> >
> > As you can see on
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)#kdegam
> >es , nearly all games are rated Up-to-date, but at least a lot of
> > screenshots should be retaken.
> >
> > This is a call to any devel of a kdegames application:
> >
> > * review/proofread and update your doc and the screenshots
> >   update <date> and <releaseinfo> and commit to trunk
> >
> > * update KDE4_(health_table)#kdegames for your game and add the comment
> >   "Update is in trunk, backport to kde 4.4".
> >
> > The new kde-i18n-doc doc string freeze policy allows a backport of docs
> >  from trunk in the first week after tagging a release.
> >
> > I will care for these backports.
> >
> > So if you update your docs soon w'll have them at least in kde 4.4.1
>
> Hmm, I saw an update for kpat, kdiamond, kmahjongg and ksirk seems to be
>  work in progress, but what about the other 30 games?
> The documentation and the screenshots for all of them are up to date for
>  4.4?
>
> Really?
>
> In that case please update at least <date> and <releaseinfo> data in your
> docs.
>
> Thanks.

A quick check of games b* to ki* in kdegames trunk:

KBattleship:
The other player has to choose Connect to network game, or click Game->Connect
to Game.... Again, a Nickname: is suggested, but you can choose any name you
like. In the field Hostname: you have to enter the host name of the server (the
machine of the player that initiated the game).
-> Wrong
you can try out GGZ by visiting the community site.
ggz://live.ggzgamingzone.org#Battleship -> broken link
Settings menu -> some items missing

KBlackBox
Settings menu -> some items missing

KBreakout Pause + Full Screen Mode menu items missing

KDiamond no Settings->Difficulty any more
move explanation of levels to ??

KGoldrunner
Level Selection Dialog Box screenshot looks outdated
The Themes Menu -> different order of items

Kigo
Game->Start (S) is now Game->Start Game (S)
Game->Finish (F) is  Game->Finish Game (F)

Kiriki
Version changed to 0.2

Please change all
<sect1 id="foo">
<sect1 id="foo">
<title>The Foo Menu</title>
With the guimenu markup it looks really ugly in the new header of the
documentation.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück