[Kde-games-devel] Magnifier for Palapeli (patch)

Sat Aug 21 15:19:19 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 15:49:12 Ian Wadham wrote:
> So I have made it
> that Spacebar will toggle the magnifier on and off quickly, choosing
> Spacebar because it can be easily reached if you are using
> something like Ctrl-Click.

Could the toggle action be added to the toolbar?

> One technical question for Stefan or Johannes ... is it OK to use
> piece->atomicSize() in the Scene::calculatePieceAreaSize() method,
> instead of piece->sceneBareBoundingRect().size()?  I need to find the
> max size of a single piece, even if the puzzle has been partially solved.

That's exactly the purpose of Piece::atomicSize.

Some more wishes:
* I would like to be able to change the size of the magnifier (it's a bit
small for my taste), preferably via the config dialog.
* The magnifier should IMO disappear when the mouse moves out of the main
view.
* When you move the cursor to the border of the sceneRect, and that border is
equal to the edge of the view, the magnifier is clipped to the main view. This
means that a piece near the border cannot be magnified completely (see
screenshot). Could you make it such that the magnifier stays inside the main
view's rect() when it comes near the borders?

Comments on the actual code coming soon (after I have reviewed the latest
KGameRenderer ports).

Greetings
Stefan