[Kde-games-devel] Palapeli preview window survey

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 04:03:52 CEST 2010

On Saturday 14 August 2010 7:26:43 pm Johannes Loehnert wrote:
> so here is the solution I came up with originally. I had similar thoughts
>  as you both and made the preview a separate tool window.
>  * Of course it can be moved and resized ad libitum.
>  * It is always on top
>  * Hovering the mouse over the window zooms the image.¹

That works brilliantly!!!  Thanks very much, Johannes!  I had not
thought of zooming *within* the view when you hover the mouse,
rather than expanding the whole window, but it works very nicely.
It could be the solution to a problem I had about the "boxes"
idea in my earlier email.

My only suggestion is to make the window caption read "Solution
of Puzzle" or "Puzzle Solution" or just the name of whatever puzzle
it is, e.g. "Castle of Maintenon".

> What's different to your proposals:
>  * not on by default; however if it was open on close, it will be there on
> restart.
I had some trouble working out how to turn it on!  In the end I used
the Configure Shortcuts... dialog, set the shortcut to S for Solution,
then clicked the S key.  There *must* be an easier way ... :-(

>  * no close button (but that's trivial)

So now, how do I ever get rid of it? ....  I know, click the S key again.

Also a Minimize button might be nice ... on the Microsoft principle of having
umpteen ways to skin the same cat, which is what people seem to like.

Great work, Johannes!

All the best, Ian W.