[Kde-games-devel] IMPORTANT Meeting this weekend!

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Sun Apr 18 21:22:14 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 15:52, Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe at gmx.de> wrote:
> Sorry, it's a bit late now but I've had no internet access during this
> weekend. Are the results published somewhere?

Thanks for prompting me. :) The log can be found here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/IRC_Meeting_2010-04-18

I think most people are aware of the issues currently facing the
module, but if you don't, then I would recommend reading through the
log. A lot was discussed, but not a lot was decided. Our present lack
of manpower came up often as a hurdle, and unfortunately most of the
solutions proposed required more work, not less.

The one thing that there was some general agreement on was the need
for a system to slow the flow of abandonware into the module. The
general idea proposed was to add a period between kdereview and moving
into the KDEGames module, in which games (and their developers) would
have to prove themselves, by doing successful X public releases over
the course of Y months/years. After a game has shown some staying
power, it could apply for inclusion in the main module. Obviously the
exact requirements haven't yet been decided. Where such games would
live is also up for discussion. extragear/games is one candidate,
independent hosting with releases via kde-apps is another. The
upcoming Git migration will also likely factor into this.

There was also a renewed interest in holding regular meetings, so
we'll see what happens there.

Parker