[Kde-games-devel] Review Request: Demo mode in Kiriki

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Mon Apr 12 23:49:59 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Luiz Romário Santana Rios
<luizromario at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >     Please try to keep each patch down to a single bug fix, feature, or improvement as it makes reviewing much easier and keeps the VCS history cleaner. Six ten line patches are generally much preferred to one thirty line patch.
>
> Okay, but what should I do? Send a patch only for this?

Hi, Luiz. Yes, if you could split your patches for this initial review
this would be great. In the future it is a good idea as well to do
several commits, one for each bug fix or feature you have added. This
helps other developers quickly narrow things down if a bug is
introduced. So, for example, if something breaks in the .rc files,
people can revert just the commit related to this feature.
In your case I think the demo mode stuff is a single, atomic patch.
There are a couple of other things there (clean up of unitialized
variables) that should be submitted separately.
Thanks for your help: the first few patches are the most complicated
ones, once you get the hang of it you will be able to bypass
ReviewBoard for most of the work you are implementing in the
applications you are responsible for, unless you need the help/opinion
of other people.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini