[Kde-games-devel] [RFC] playground/games cleanup

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Mon Sep 14 13:50:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I convinced Felix to import his Zuma clone to playground/games, because it's
in a quite good state now (it compiles and basic gameplay works, he's
currently cleaning his local source tree). In websvn, I discovered that
playground/games contains 46 (in words: forty-six) subfolders.

I think it's time to cleanup the mess. Anyone, please look through [1] for
stuff that might fit better somewhere else. For example, I immediately noticed
the following things:

1. K{A,C,G}LEngine are part of Gluon now and are (IMO) developed in a Git repo
[2]. If this is correct, we could do the same as with Tagua, and replace these
directories with a README pointing the new repository, in order to not keep
out-dated snapshots around.

2. KSirtet and libksirtet can IMO be moved to tags/unmaintained. They have
been successfully replaced by KBlocks.

3. The INSTALL and README files are quite outdated, they still refer to
autoconf/automake. I think, we should rather link to Techbase for build
instructions, instead of maintaining a copy of quite identical instruction
files in each and every module.

Comments and further suggestions, please.

Greetings
Stefan

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/games/
[2] http://gitorious.org/gluon/