[Kde-games-devel] The Future of Game Development in KDE

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Fri Sep 11 19:58:16 CEST 2009

Am Freitag 11 September 2009 06:53:40 schrieb Arturo Silva:
> I do have a bit of trouble visualizing this "research project"
> approach, so bear with me if the analogy is incorrect.

By "research project" I mean that I'm not intending to produce production-
ready code in the first attempt, because I do not know if the concept works
out at all.

> So if this is accurate, for sure I love that idea too. And not to say
> the hypothetical functions of KGameStudio and Gluon Creator can't be
> mutually exclusive -- in reality, that's just a way to create a very
> quick little game (espcially 3D ones), but may certainly hit snags
> when attempting more complicated ones such as RPGs and car/flight
> simulators, in which case the functions of a regular (albeit
> user-friendly) game design tool will come in handy.  ^^b

Of course, KGameStudio would only be useful for casual games. It might be
possible to create big games with it, but the interface would be geared
towards small games.

Greetings
Stefan