[Kde-games-devel] Kolf Art?

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed Sep 2 21:50:53 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 02 September 2009 03:41:59 schrieb Zeng Huan:
> Thank you for your help ^_^
> Here is the instruction for building up the test environment:
> 1)check it out from the svn server:
> $ svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/games/
>
> 2)check out the cmake module, we need it to find the ODE engine:
> $ cd games
> $ svn up cmake
>
> 3)check out kolf-ng itself
> $ svn up kolf-ng
>
> 4)do the configuration and make the makefile
> $ cmake .

I recommend doing an out-of-source build. This command then becomes:
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ..

> 5)make
> $ make
>
> 6)install it as root
> # make install
>
> 7)launch kolf-ng
> $ kolf-ng
>
> then you can follow Stefan's instruction to do the testing.
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.games/6049
>
> It is perfect that you can help us with decorations, but at the moment our
> code is not ready to add decorations, thank you in advance:)

More explicitly: We're looking forward to getting any textures, though there
is no codebase available for that (simply because we're lacking textures to
test this functionality with).

One note: Currently, we have rectangular blocks, cylindrical blocks, and walls
as basic obstacles, a terrain with buggy collision behavior, "black holes"
(which teleport the ball to some far-away exit point), and a basic hole. My
plan is to have puddles and sand bunkers available in the first release, and
add more object types (e.g. the windmill) in the later run. The left time is
quite short, so at least I need to focus on what needs to be done to get at
least a basic Kolf 2 ready for KDE 4.4.

Greetings
Stefan