[Kde-games-devel] kigo

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Oct 21 21:04:06 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 18:33:53 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Arturo Silva wrote:
> > Well, I'm happy to report that I managed to successfully build,
> > install and play Kigo!  ^^
> > It looks good, but I probably neglected to mention before that I've
> > never played Go before, so I got my rear handed by the computer quite
> > easily. ^^;
>
> Um... I *have* played before, and I experience that at easiest
> difficulty and with a handicap of 9 stones. Sad to say, so far I don't
> think kigo is going to be usable by anyone that is not already an
> experienced player :-(.

Gnugo is around 10 kyu if I remember correctly.  This strength is reached by a
player after approximately a year if you play regularly.

However, you can make gnugo weaker by using the --level option is I remember
correctly.  Perhaps kigo could make a nice interface for that so the user can
select "easy", "medium" and "dabbling" (there is no real "hard" setting for
gnugo :-) ).

	-Inge