[Kde-games-devel] KMines background image scaling problem

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:07:26 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 15:45:33 SuseUX at googlemail.com wrote:
> The other themes are ok but I think that's because I've scaled my
> background to fit better with wide-screen. Changing the background size in
> the theme seems to make it worse, and the boarder did get worse as I change
> the background image inside the file.
Hmm. I don't get it, how the size of the svg element in .svg file can affect
it when it's rendered? svg is scalable - so I just can resize it to any size.
That's what KMines does.

Or maybe you have a png inside an SVG?

It seems i don't understand something about the situation :)

> As I done the background it looks good scaled at 16:10. If you look at the
> Garden theme background, it look squashed and I wanted to avoid this.
Not sure you can avoid it, this is a limitation/bug in kmines - it simply
doesn't support fixed aspect ratios it will *always* try to stretch the
bakcgound in both directions to try to fill all the widget.

Cheers,
Dmitry.

PS. don't forget to hit "reply All" button so the message would be in k-g-d
too, maybe others will have a hint :)