[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 20 23:32:31 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Dienstag 20 Oktober 2009:
> shrink to a speck == vanish, no?  :D

well, your english is better than mine, so I guess your right ;)

> But now this opens the door for possible background images to
> compliment the bottomless pit, lol.  ^^'

on my todo. I already have some code, but I get some performance problems and
it's not on top of my priority list.

> I noticed you used a fairly even distribution of time -- however,  I
> would say that the spark and initial fiery expansion are split-second
> things really, and the full blast lasts a little before dissipating.
> I don't think there'd even be time for a fade-in effect for the spark,
> although it could probably work for the fire/smoke dissipation (to
> replace just the plain smoke dissipation).
>
> See if this could work:
>
> 30 ms spark
> 70 ms expansion
> 200 ms full blast
> 100 ms contraction
> 100 ms dissipation (or 150 with fade out)

yes, I think this will look better. in the end it's a try and error. I'll make
it possible for you to change the timing in the settings.