[Kde-games-devel] How do you play jigsaw puzzles

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 20 19:16:33 CEST 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Future ideas:
> =============

- Irregular puzzles (e.g. circles, complex shapes).

> - Tessellating slicers :-D. Salamanders and snowflakes, to start with,
> but there are plenty of Escher shapes that can be used as well as
> regular tessellations (Escher makes for better material though because
> the pieces aren't just simple polygons).

I have, in fact, made (some time ago, for palapeli in fact) a list of
Escher tessellations :-):

http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E25.jpg <-- salamanders
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E66.jpg
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E96.jpg
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E78.jpg
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E70.jpg
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E22.jpg
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E28.jpg
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E105.jpg

And yes, these are all (intentionally) nasty as the pieces are all the
exact same shape ;-). (Well, in many - but not all! - of them, one of
only two shapes, so you have two sets of pieces, with all pieces in a
set being identically shaped.)

--
Matthew
So, an astrophysicist, a quantum physicist, and an astrologer walk into