[Kde-games-devel] KScoreManager design

Alexander Smirnov alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:53:22 CEST 2009

Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> I'm taking this to a separate thread, because what I'm going to say does not
> really relate to the current KScoreDialog implementation.
Recently I've read an article on dot.kde.org about Social Desktop
Winners. The first place was awarded to extended About dialog, which
makes direct interaction with the developers easier. I haven't seen it
yet myself, but i liked the idea.
Then I thought that having game scores published on some server is more
interesting, than storing the scores locally(which is previous century).
You can compare you achievements and records with other guys' and girls'
who play this game too, get your rating among all the players, join a
related group, discuss game there... What if... what if we implement
this feature optionally? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Social
Desktop  and don't know if it is possible at all there... what do you think?