[Kde-games-devel] kblocks: separate the game logic and the display logic?

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:19:38 CEST 2009

Dapeng Zhang wrote:

> Hi Mauricio,
> Hi Arturo,
>
> In past a few days, we analyzed the source code of KBlocks. Here is the
> "class diagram" in UML (the screen shot of "dia").
>
> http://allheim.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~zhangd/KBlocks.png
>
> We found that the game logic and display logic are mixed together. For
> example, KBlocksScene is such a class.
>
> In order to develop the two-player mode, I wonder if we could first
> isolate the game logic, which will result in some significant changes on
> the class view. If it is acceptable, I will send the proposed class
> diagram in next a few days.
>
> What do you think?

hehe, I'm actually more of a fan really.  But thank you all the same
for directing that to me as well.  ^^

I agree, please go for it.  They don't call it the KDE "playground"
for nothing.  As long as there already exists a working and stable
version of Kblocks to fall back to (which of course there is in this
case), you're free to experiment as much and as often as possible, and
I wish you all the luck for it.  ^__^

--Arturo "C-quel" Silva