[Kde-games-devel] KScoreManager design

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:30:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 09:53, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> I forgot something here: It will of course be obligatory to provide some
> standard sortings (for example, KGameDifficulty could gain some method to
> automatically setup its groups).

KScoreDialog currently allows one to assign weightings to the groups
to get them to sort in any arbitrary order.

But now that I think about it, each group already has an internal name
and a translated name used for display. Maybe it would just be
simplest to always sort by the internal name, so if you wanted to
force the difficulties to sort a certain way, you would just name the
groups "01_veryeasy", "02_easy", etc.  Oh wait, never mind. That won't
work because other types of groupings wouldn't sort alphabetically
when translated.

Parker