[Kde-games-devel] Review Request: KScoreDialog with level selection

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Fri Oct 2 11:26:21 CEST 2009

Am Freitag 02 Oktober 2009 09:22:34 schrieb Dmitry Suzdalev:
> Actually I'm not sure if this really should be added to KScoreDialog.
>
> It seems to me that if every game which has a slightly different layout of
>  its highscore system would patch libkdegames, we would end up with a mess
>  in API and in implementation.
>
> What do others think?

From what Felix said (he's sitting next to me currently), people have already
commented on his blog article that they would also like to use this
functionality. Also for me, separating highscores by level name opens the
possibility to use KScoreDialog in Palapeli.

Of course, we need to keep a balance between commonly needed functionality and
feature bloat. Highscores per level do IMO fall in the former category.

> And also is this  change absolutely needed to be in KScoreDialog and why?

If it was a separate KScoreWidget, which is only embedded inside a
KScoreDialog, there could have been a KScoreDialogWithLevels, which holds
different KScoreWidgets for each level. I cannot judge from here whether it is
possible to rewrite KScoreDialog in such a way without BC problems. Also, this
feels like it would bloat the code even more than the proposed patch.

Greetings
Stefan