[Kde-games-devel] Games showcase and tips/tricks

Vivek Prakash vivek.ap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:09:06 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm a new volunteer with KDE, specifically with KDE-promo, and I've been
asked to improve the kde-games promotion materials being prepared for a
booklet on KDE.

I'm writing to ask which games in particular you would like mentioned.  I
notice the website does an excellent job of showcasing random games every
time I visit it - are there one or two games in particular you would like to
showcase.

I also wanted your input on a "Tips and tricks" section.  Each section of
the booklet will also contain a "Tips and Tricks" subsection, to present
information that may not be obvious from early use of the program.  For
example, this could include keyboard shortcuts for certain tasks, or
additional functionality that might not be immediately apparent (like a blog
preview for a blogging program or a presentation mode to a PDF viewer).  So,
for example, is there some tip/trick about KPatience to which you would like
to give greater prominence?

I'll basically be updating and expanding on the text pasted below.
(Anything I write will probably be heavily edited, which is why I'm
comfortable taking on a task about programs I'm not very familiar with.)

Thanks for your advice.  I appreciate your time.  And on an unrelated note:
those are some pretty awesome games!

Vivek

 <<KDE Games screenshots>>

When you need a little break from work, KDE offers a wide selection of
games, both small and large. You can play classic games like *Rubik's Cube*,
or more challenging and complex games, such as *Sudoku*. Try miniature golf
with up to 10 other players, or one of the other boardgames such as *Reversi
*, *Shisen*, *Bovo *or *Battleship*. Or if you prefer, you can stick to *
Patience*, *Solitaire* and similar card games. Along with the nice artwork,
you can customize the look of your games by downloading themes available
online, and you download additional levels as well. You can even create your
own graphics and game levels and share them easily with others!

[tips and tricks for games]
Did you know that you play *KAtomic* online? KAtomic is a logic puzzle game
that exercises your brain and might just teach you something about
chemistry.  Check out the online demo linked from *games.kde.org* if you
don't have the installed game available.