[Kde-games-devel] KPat Progress and Regressions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 13 00:41:01 CET 2009

On November 12, 2009, Parker Coates wrote:
> Since the release of KDE4.3, I've been putting a lot of work into an
> internal cleanup of KPat.

you're very right about the smoothness of animations with lots of cards; it
feels really good there now.

one thing about the animations that have always irked me a bit, but maybe it's
just me, is that the speed of the initial auto-solve move (e.g. when a card it
moved up to solutions pile in freecell automatically by the game) feels
reallly slow, while after a few cards it zings past uncomfortably fast.

again, maybe it's just me, but tightening the envelope on the those animations
a bit by making the first one faster and the last ones not quite so fast might
be a nice improvement.

i also wonder why "change game type" is under settings; it would seem to fit
better under "Game"?

there's a painting oddity in the "select game type" screen:

	http://bddf.ca/~aseigo/kpat_pick_error.png

it gets triggered when i have kpat on one virtual desktop, switch to another,
and then switch back. it might be a Qt bug, but it might also be kpat not
painting the background as an optimization though it actually need to? haven't
looked at the code, so apologies if it's not a kpat bug. :)

in the "would be nice to have", it would be really nice if the mouse over
highlight in the "select game" screen fade in/out rather than just switch
between hovered and not (same for mousing over other game elements, such as
the card pile "foundation" element).

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se