[Kde-games-devel] chess and barcelona

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Nov 8 22:58:29 CET 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009 20:56:20 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge, 8 de novembre de 2009, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as a favor for Quim Gil from Maemo I forward two things to you which
> > might be interesting.
> >

> > 1. The Maemo people are doing a "UX meets Code" Hackfest in Barcelona
> > in December.
> > All KDE people are invited. Please see this page if you are interested
> > to participate.
> > http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-Barcelona_Long_Weekend
> >

> > 2. Quim is looking for developers to help with a Qt 4.6 based chess
> > game for Maemo.
> > Check this page if you want to help:
> > http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature
>
> You want kde-games-devel at kde.org for KDE games developers, but not sure
>  people there is interested in doing Qt/Maemo development, since it's
>  really not KDE development after all.

I think this reasoning is wrong.  KDE is not just the desktop environment any
more, it's the toolkit, including kdelibs and the community. Nowadays KDE
applications are cross platform, and the more we can get into the mobile
devices and make our apps run on small form factors the better.

Development for Maemo is just our next frontier.

	-Inge