[Kde-games-devel] Improving theme authoring for kgoldrunner

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 4 02:00:59 CET 2009

Arturo Silva wrote:
> Admittedly, at least in the version I played, there are two issues that jar
> me a bit.  My mind still blurs between the 1994 Sierra version, and the
> original Broderbund version I played on my Atari 8-bit, but I don't recall
> ever being in motion contiuously.  Normally that means I simply wouldn't
> like the mouse control, but I also end up not liking how the keyboard
> control works either.  Granted this does keep you on your toes and is true
> to the "runner" name, but often I yearn for the guarantee that one small
> accidental flick of the mouse or a key press that won't register at the
> right millisecond won't plunge me to my doom.

Indeed. For whatever reason, KGr takes after Pacman as one of /very/ few
games where you keep moving in the absence of any inputs. This always
drove me nuts also. (In the Sierra version you don't keep moving
constantly. I wouldn't know about the Broderbund version, having never
seen it.)

--
Matthew
HIPPOS feel unacknowledged. HIPPOS get angry.
 > PRAISE HIPPOS
HIPPOS seem somewhat placated.