[Kde-games-devel] Hardcoded Quotation in KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 22 01:18:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 6:49:03 am Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dijous, 21 de maig de 2009, Frederik Schwarzer va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > there is some oddness of the following code in src/kgoldrunner.cpp
> >
> >  887     // Now update the PAUSE/RESUME message in the status bar.
> >  888     kDebug() << "Update Pause/Resume message ...";
> >  <snip>
>
> Ian changed myPause from KAction * to QAction * in 924446 that's what is
> causing only one shortcut to appear,  Ian any reason you did that?

Heh ... cough, cough ... can't a guy get some sleep? ... :-) ... These
messages arrived between 6 and 7 am, Australian EST ... :-(

> > Any Idea how to fix this issue?

Well, I *was* intending to drop the status bar altogether in KGoldrunner
for KDE 4.3, but I do not seem to have got that far ... :-( ...

There was also an issue I think you raised, Albert, where if you changed
the pause key assignments, the key-names in the status bar message
could be displayed incorrectly (in Spanish at least).

I remember discussing this with someone (I think it was you), at Akademy in
August last year.  I played around with that code for some days, but could not
get it to come out right ... then I had to head off to Prague and Vienna on
the rest of my trip ... and er ... well the Czech beer, the music and the
Sachertorte were nice, not to mention the schlags of sahne (dollops of
cream) in everything Viennese ... so that bit of code got patched up and
left until I could get back to it ... and er ...

Never mind.  I'll clean it up somehow before 4.3 release.  Thanks, Frederik,
Albert and Parker for trying to fix it.

Apologies to all, Ian W.