[Kde-games-devel] kpat solver oops...

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:05:26 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Can someone please explain to me why the attached game is lost (no more
>> moves possible)? ;-)
>
> FWIW, this is pretty easy to reproduce; any situation with lots of empty
> piles and a few cards stacked in the wrong order seems to suffice. In
> this instance:
>
> 4s 8s 5s
> empty
> 9s
> empty
> empty

Hmm. There is still no sign of an attachment here. For whatever
reason, GMail must have decided to silently drop it. Weird.

As for the issue, file a bug report and attach a few examples. There
are currently a handful of bugs filed against the solver for various
game types. It would also be appreciated if you could test against a
previous version of KPat to ensure that this problem isn't a
regression.

I'm hoping Coolo will get a chance to take a crack at these before
KDE4.3 rolls out the door. I've tried a couple times to grok the
solver code, but thus far I've been unsuccessful.

Parker