[Kde-games-devel] 2009 introspective

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu May 7 00:01:05 CEST 2009

A Dilluns, 4 de maig de 2009, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> Hi...
>
> I'm putting together a "where are we now, where are we going" snapshot of
> as many of the "big pieces" in KDE 4 as possible, and I'd like some input
> from you on the KDE games entertainment bundle.

My 0.02€ cents take

> In particular, what I'm looking for are 2-4 bullet items for each of these
> two questions:
>
> * What have been the defining achievements in the last year?

We achieved to attract two artists that are driving efforts to make things
pretty.
We got people in the GSoC process, making kdegames feel it is not that
alienated from the rest of KDE

> * What are the main focus points and or goals for the project in 2009?
KGGZ, Kolf3d

> If you're feeling extra helpful, you might want to also provide some input
> on:
>
> * What are the major pain points in your project right now?

Contributors come and go too fast.

> * Outside of the core libs (kdecore, kdeui, kio, kfile) what are the most
> critical pieces of KDE technologies that your project is relying on?

KMainWindow double resizing is driving people crazy, see last 15 mails :D

Albert