[Kde-games-devel] KWarBots for Season of KDE 2009

Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski yess at hell.org.pl
Fri May 1 11:57:51 CEST 2009

Hello,

> I'll study how some scripting language works (specially Kross)

Kross isn't a scripting language per se. It's a technology that lets
your application be scripted with any supported language (Python,
Ruby, JavaScript, Lua (in early development)… I don't know what else).

In my opinion using kross is the way to go. Many users are already
familiar with languages such as Python, Ruby etc., know tools to
develop comfortably using those languages etc. Learning a new
programming language would make it harder to start playing your game.

Also writing a new programming language is a big task, much bigger
than writing a kross interface and then using Python or whatever. All
those kross-supported languages have seen years and years of
development and usage, so are more mature than whatever a single
developer can achieve.

OTOH you're a student, so you might be just interested in learning
parsers, compilers etc. If so - ignore above arguments and write your
own LOGO dialect, as proposed in the GSoC entry. Back in my days I
wrote one programming language for MS Imagine Cup. :)

Good luck,
--
tadeusz