[Kde-games-devel] Testing days meeting - was KGoldrunner update

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 1 02:20:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 8:32:47 pm Matt Williams wrote:
> I think once a month or so, we should hold a day (or weekend) where we
> invite users/developers/friends to come along and test all our games,
> particularly the new features we've been working on. This would
> require the developers of the games to be present (if possible) and to
> at least have made some sort of list of the new features that need
> testing. I think we should market it as a sort of sister project to
> the BugSquad [2] (e.g. BetaSquad, PlaySquad, GameSquad or whatever) as
> I think it can only help to strengthen that brand.
>
> We should organise an IRC meeting [3] to discuss this (we're due one
> soon anyway) so any thoughts on dates for a meeting? The agenda should
> be something like:
> * Marketing (lots of blogposts, Dot story), name
> * Relation to any 'buddy' scheme
> * Relation to BugSquad i.e. should we coincide this with a bug triaging
> day? * Things to make it interesting, informal competitions, networked
> games etc.

I am not sure who is our Release Co-ordinator now.  Matt, is it you or
Eugene?

Anyway, I hope you and Aaron and Eugene will get together and
organize such a day (see the "[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re:  KGoldrunner
update" thread for what Aaron and Eugene said).

Aaron has offered to bring in KDE developers from outside KDE Games,
which will minimise testing-bias, and lots of people read his blog.

All the best, Ian W.

P.S. My apologies for messing up the "KGoldrunner update" thread.
KMail had an attack of the wobblies ... or maybe I did ... ;-)