[Kde-games-devel] Bovo maintainership

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:22:43 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Pelladi Gabor wrote:
> Parker Coates wrote:
>  > Of course, I should probably take this opportunity to try to convince
>  > you to become the new Bovo maintainer. From the depth of your patch, I
>  > think it's safe to say you now know the Bovo codebase better than
>  > anyone here. We could quickly get you set up with an SVN account if
>  > you're interested.
>
> I am making good progress in implementing background thinking for Bovo. That
> would mean that difficulties above hard can be finally enabled. The thinking of
> the AI will not block the GUI in any way. On my machine impossible level thinks
> for a few seconds, but it deserves it's name. No one will stop playing because
> he beats the toughest opponent.
>
> So now I really think I know the Bovo codebase well enough to take the
> responsibility of a maintainer. I would be interested in committing this
> improvement myself, after I have tested it extensively.

That's good to hear.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to point out that Bovo currently
has one bug and one wish reported at in Bugzilla [1] The wish is
debatable (one could easily argue for or against it), but the bug
report is probably of interest to you. Aparently the previous AI would
lock up if it was presented with a potential draw. If you're new AI
doesn't exhibit the same behaviour, then the bug can be closed.

Parker

[1] https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=bovo