[Kde-games-devel] Extra resize events from KXmlGuiWindow

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:22:47 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dijous, 26 de març de 2009, Ian Wadham va escriure:
>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 1:30:41 pm Parker Coates wrote:
>> > In the KDEGames camp we've run into a small bit of trouble with
>> > KXmlGuiWindow generating an extra resize event on startup. An extra
>> > resize event may seem trivial enough, but because our games now all
>> > have resizable SVG based interfaces, a single extra resize event can
>> > mean extra SVG rendering, cache lookups, layout logic and a noticeable
>> > increase in start up time.
>> > <snip>
>>
>> It is disappointing that we have not so far had any input from core
>> developers re this thread.
>
> If you want core developers you can try with kde-core-devel.

Hello core developers,

Earlier this week, I created a thread on kde-devel about a problem the
KDEGames team is having with KXmlGuiWindow. Unfortunately it received
no response (other than from other concerned game developers), so I'm
going to try this list.

You can find the original thread here:
http://markmail.org/thread/54nyhcnl5pebhhw7

Please note I've CCed kde-games-devel, but please respond on kde-core-devel.

Many thanks,

Parker