[Kde-games-devel] Scoring/Ranking Student Applications

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Mar 25 14:57:04 CET 2009

Leonardo Franchi wrote:
> We are trying to avoid what happened last year---it was not done in the best
> way possible. However, what we are trying to do is to allow the people who
> know best---the subprojects--to choose what proposals are actually accepted.
> It doesn't make sense for me to have a say in kdegames projects, as I know
> nothing about kdegames.

Thanks for the feedback, Leo. This makes a lot of sense, much better
than having people ranking projects that they do not know about, and can
not estimate the impact on the subproject.

> So the idea is to allow the sub-projects to determine how many slots they
> realistically want and can fill with good applications, and then try to balance
> everyone's needs and desires with the slots that we have to spread around.
>
> wrt. subscribing mentors---you should get everyone who is willing to be a
> mentor and has the experience, as well as the time commitment, to do it.
> Please don't just try to stuff mentors in to have more votes :) We are trying
> to be as fair as possible to everyone involved.

OK. So please, kdegames people, if you have some time and are willing to
mentor one of the existing ideas, do signup and do take part in the
discussion. We could probably have someone (Stefan? Josef?) leading the
"subproject". Let us talk about this in the meeting Sunday?

Best regards,
Mauricio Piacentini