[Kde-games-devel] Extra resize events from KXmlGuiWindow

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Mar 24 18:14:49 CET 2009

On Dienstag, 24. März 2009, Ian Wadham wrote:
> There are several threads on this problem in the KDE Games list about
> 15 months to a year ago.  There can actually be 1, 2 or 3 resize events
> from KXmlGuiWindow, depending on the user's previous setup, and it
> is apparently not possible to determine which is the "last" one.  The
> following thread discusses the workaround I used in KGoldrunner:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=120071267328984&w=2
>
> It also describes the various behaviors of KXMlGuiWindow with respect
> to resize events and AFAIK still represents the state of play in KXmlGW.

cool - a solution to a problem I did not even know I have. But at closer
look kmj had the same behaviour. It took a little time to recode the
workaround in python but now it works (playground/kmj/kmj.py,
not yet committed)

a well behaving KXmlGuiWindow would be better of course. Should you open
a bug report, I will definitively vote for it.

--
Wolfgang