[Kde-games-devel] Memorandum. RE.: KDEGames monthly meeting.

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Mon Mar 23 02:08:38 CET 2009

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> You asked for it :-P
>  * It's non free

Actually they have released their software under the GPL. So we could
host this on our servers in the future, if needed (of course, might be a
hassle for sysadmins, etc). Their hosted service is free for up to 20
simultaneous users.
See
http://www.dimdim.com/opensource/dimdim_open_source_community_edition.html

>  * It needs non free software to use it

Yes, the Flash plugin is needed. I am not sure if it works with Gnash of
SwfDec, though. We could test it, might be an option.

>  * I think it's not going to work, we have quite a lot of non native english
> speakers (myself being one) and while i think we can cope with multiple people
> "writing" in irc at the same time i would just collapse trying to understand
> more than one person speaking english at the same time with all the lags and
> stuff introduced by the conferencing solution

Good point. But sharing a whiteboard and screens is cool, not sure how
well it works and scales, to be honest.

> So i'm in favour of old irc, that said i can't promise i'll be around on March
> 29 so feel free to ignore me :D

I might be around, not sure about the scheduled time, would it be 20:00
UTC as always? I find that Saturdays and Sundays are not really the best
days for meetings, but have no other suggestions at this time. Anyway,
we should schedule it for IRC I think, but find some time to try the
conferencing solution in the future, it could be a good method for
better interaction (for bug hunting, real time collaboration, etc.)

Among other things, we could discuss the Summer of Code issues, and 4.3.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini