[Kde-games-devel] Problems with KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 19 10:09:54 CEST 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 6:29:38 pm Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> And the second problem:
>
> 1. Press "P" or "Esc" for pause
> 2. Go to menu "Settings -> Configure Shortcuts..."
> 3. Set for "Pause -> Alternate": "Custom: None"
> 4. Close this dialog
> 5. Go to menu "Settings -> Configure Shortcuts..." again
> 6. Set for "Pause -> Alternate": "Default: Esc"
> 7. Close this dialog
> 8. Pressing "Esc" for resume -> won't work ...
> 9. Closing KGoldrunner and starting it again -> "Esc" works again

Johannes, I am unable to reproduce this exactly as you describe
it, but have been bothered for quite a while by the Esc shortcut
disappearing in KGoldrunner.  I thought it might be something to
do with dialogs or KGrMessage use or notifications, but now I
find as follows:

1. Click on any menu, e.g. "Game", but don't click a menu item.
2. Without letting go of the mouse button, move to an adjacent
    menu, e.g. "Move", and let it drop down, still without selecting
    a menu item.
3. After you dismiss the dropped down menu (click somewhere
    else or ... yes ... press Esc), KGoldrunner's Esc shortcut has
    been lost.  Esc does not work any more  in KGoldrunner till
    you quit and restart.

Please would you and maybe others try this.  If you get the same
problem, I'll report a bug on K/Q Menu.  It looks as though the menu
system is hijacking KGoldrunner's Esc shortcut.

All the best, Ian W.