[Kde-games-devel] To use kgame or not to use kgame

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Jul 17 09:43:34 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 July 2009, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Part of it is already in libkdegames and can already be used, mostly the code
> to setup the connection and let game servers and clients communicate, as well
> as let (host) players manage the participants.

I did not yet study the ggz documentation, so this might be a stupid question,
but what additional value does kggz have over the pure ggz API? Is that
documented somewhere? I would guess that kggz contains a GUI based on KDE, what
else?

for games written in python like kmj I see those possibilities:

1. ignore kggz and directly use the ggz python bindings, rewriting
those parts of kggz I need in python
2. write python bindings for kggz

For libkmahjongg I chose option 1 because kmj has more complex requirements
that might have been difficult to add on top of libkmahjongg.

for kggz it probably depends on how much I would have to rewrite in python

--
Wolfgang