[Kde-games-devel] Hope for Kolf

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 4 23:57:33 CEST 2009

What?  Nobody awake? (see below) ... :-)

Well it is 7:45 am Sunday here in the land of Oz and I think
I have the answer to Kolf's problems ... :-) :-) :-)

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:47:54 pm Ian Wadham wrote:
> I am almost certain now that the problem with Kolf is not
> to do with graphics, but rather that it is failing to pick up
> its data correctly from kolf/courses/<course-name> when
> it starts a new hole, so what it draws is only a fragment
> of what it should draw.

That is definitely ONE major problem.  I hope there are no others.

> <snip>
> I think Kolf can be fixed by choosing the proper KDE 4 functions
> and parameters for reading the Course file and not some KDE 3
> transitional functions that Kolf may be using.  See KolfGame::openFile().
>
> It's past my bedtime here in Australia, so maybe someone can look
> at this further while I sleep.
> <big snip>

I can now get Kolf to run with more than one hole in Simple Course,
using KDE 4.3 and Qt 4.5.

Now to send the results to Pathology ... i.e. I must look at WHY my
2-line fix works and whether there may be any other nasties in the
Kolf code that could cause it to fail again.

I'll keep you posted ... :-) :-) :-)

All the best, Ian W.