[Kde-games-devel] Restructuring and rewriting KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 23 04:09:32 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:23:51 pm Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 of January 2009 15:19:00 Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > I think namespaces are worth using for libraries, maybe large
> > applications, but for a
> > small program as KGoldrunner, the namespace is an overkill.
> > Even the "KGr" prefix is not really needed, after all the code is
> > going to be used for the single program, so conflicting class names
> > are unlikely.
>
> Although it's still a matter of personal preference (both prefix and
> namespace usage)

Thanks, Dmitry, Luciano and Parker, but I'll stick with the KGr prefix
for now.  It's an old programming habit that has served me well in
organising my work and my rather messy real-world desktop ... :-)

I  guess it goes back to a project more than 40 years ago where each
programmer *had* to use a unique 3-letter prefix on every name in his
assembly language code, because the whole system was assembled
and built from one source-code "file" (or card-deck actually) ... :-O

Cheers, Ian W.