[Kde-games-devel] mahjongg tiles...

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Jan 20 10:32:00 CET 2009

On Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:

Your 3D-Mahjongg - is that a solitaire variant?

> Thoughts?

you seem to know much more about these things than I do, so I cannot
really comment. But it sounds very good. Of course I would have to duplicate what
you do in Python, but that should be easy. I would however be curious what you
think about the  problem with just exchanging the values for height and width.
If that were possible I could just do that with the plain tile and put the rotated
face on it. That looks much better but for the wrong border sizes because:

relations between height and width are not constant: default.svg:
entire tile #TILE_2: 96/116=0.8275
tile without shadow: #g2285: 79.99/100.00=0.7999
surface of the tile: #g2291: 65.502/85.661=0.7646
face: #CHARACTER_3: 69.125/89.125=0.7756

the relation should always be the same, otherwise this "horizontal stretching"
gets it wrong. if that was fixed, it would already look much better. I would
not have to use a tile with another direction of lightSource and rotate that
entire tile with its shadows.

Just as a short-term solution without too much work (I hope)

--
Wolfgang