[Kde-games-devel] New AI for bovo

Pelladi Gabor pelladigabor at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 18:34:04 CET 2009

Hi!

I have created a patch for the current bovo trunk that adds a new AI to the
game. I have separated the AI implementations from the interface, so the AI
engine can be easily replaced. It was easy to do, because Aron Bostrom's code
was already written with this in mind. The original implementation is still
there in a subfolder next to mine, it can be activated by changing one line.

The new AI can be much harder than the original, and it feels like making more
"human" moves on easier difficulties. It also adds the ability to set a time
limit or cancel thinking, but the GUI does not utilize these abilities yet. It
supports everything that is currently working, including demo mode, hints, undo,
replay.

As far as I know, bovo doesn't have a maintainer currently, since Aron has
resigned. So I'm sending the patch to this list. Can somebody please review it?
Is it applicable or in which way should it be improved?

   Gabor