[Kde-games-devel] Kpat themes. Another take

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 24 18:28:23 CET 2009

Eugene Trounev wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 of February 2009 09:47:33 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I think you omitted the part I dislike most; you're removing the ability
>> to have a /background/ independent of the cards. (I notice Luciano makes
>> the same objection ;-).)
>
> Well, it doesn't work now anyways, so no losses there.

Not entirely. If you tie the background to the deck now, it may be
harder to change later (especially as right now it isn't tied; you'd be
doing work just to undo it again, wouldn't you?).

>> Also, I still think it would be nice if the deck (which can include its
>> own back) specifies the "style" of back and would let you pick other
>> backs of the same style (i.e. size and shape). Else if you just want a
>> different back, you have to copy an entire deck.
> And right now if you want to have different tiles with the same pictures in
> mahjongg you have to copy them over too.

You mean change the tile but not the glyphs? Well... if you change the
tile, there is a good chance you want to change the glyphs also, if only
color, so it's not the same. Card fronts and backs have a pretty neat
separation.

> I don't see anyone doing that.

Imperial Jade appears to be a copy of Default... with the glyph colors
all changed to white.

> Specifying shape's a bit of an overkill if you ask me. Besides how would you
> describe a *style*?

You mistake my meaning. A "style" is size plus shape, e.g. "4:3 rounded
5%" or "4:5 sharp".

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet