[Kde-games-devel] Lightened tile shadow for classic theme

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 19 17:44:18 CET 2009

Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> for some time now I thought about the shadow in the classic tile set.
> I considered it to be a bit too dark.
> [snip]

You inspired me to produce the following (attached). It's a
work-in-progress (I'd like to eventually replace all the graphics;
they'll have a very similar look - except I am thinking to use Japanese
characters instead of Chinese, and will have a more complex kanji on the
numbers, but the colors I plan to leave basically the same), but I like
the tile backs already :-). It's a wood tile set as you will see, so it
keeps about the same lightness as the current classic but is more yellow
(less pink).

I also completely re-did the shadows. The problem with the old shadows
is that they use blur in the svg (which isn't yet supported by Qt), so
inkscape renders them very differently from Qt. The new shadows are
simple gradients (which also don't slow inkscape to a crawl!) so they
look the same in-game as in inkscape.

(Actually, I re-did everything about the tile backs; they should now be
cloned more correctly/consistently, and they are also neatly grid-aligned.)

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. What you are experiencing is not a problem; it is an