[Kde-games-devel] Lightened tile shadow for classic theme

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 15 00:06:03 CET 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 03:18:48 pm Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> for some time now I thought about the shadow in the classic tile set.
> I considered it to be a bit too dark.
> Today I started inkscape (for the first time ever :)) and played a bit.
> After some pretty ugly attempts, I just decreased the opacity of the shadow
> and increased the blur a bit. Although the result will not make me skip my
> current career in favour of a life as an artist, I think it is quite an
> improvement.
> But see for yourself.
>
> KShisen before: http://imagebin.ca/view/gSh7Ko.html
> KMahjongg before: http://imagebin.ca/view/KzKzoA.html
>
> KShisen after: http://imagebin.ca/view/c0osgk.html
> KMahjongg after: http://imagebin.ca/view/HbCP3E.html
>
> What do you think?

Looks good to me, especially in the KMahjongg pictures, where shadows
affect visibility/readability of tile faces.

Now can we make the background colour of the tile faces a bit more
attractive and contrasty, perhaps paler and less pink(?)?  I am sure this
colour affects visibility/readability significantly.  It certainly did in the
KDE 3 tile set on which this Classic tile set is based.

Cheers, Ian W.