[Kde-games-devel] Copyright notices

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 18:02:27 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch 11 Februar 2009 17:22:56 schrieb Frederik Schwarzer:
> in source files (who holds the copyright on ui and XML files?)

For XML you could use <!-- Copyright ... -->. This is standard practice
especially for XML-based programming languages, but would equally work for
XML data structures.

In the special case of UI files, I've already triggered thiago that the trolls
should add an authorship dialogue to Qt Designer. Not sure this is going to
happen though, and it might well be that it eats hand-written XML comments. A
lot of inferiour XML tools do :-)

> What about the KDE e.V. It is a legal entity. It can hold copyrights,
> right? I mean, it would still be a lie, if the developers did not transfer
> their copyright to it, but at least it would not be meaningless (or would
> that be a bad thing, here?).

KDE developers can choose to transfer certain non-exclusive rights to the e.V.
using an FLA, but the developers still remain the holders of copyright.

Josef